Maintain Vehicle Wipers, Lights, Mirrors for Safe Driving
It's no secret that properly functioning vehicle lights, wipers and mirrors allow for better visibility while driving, yet these items are often forgotten or ignored when performing basic auto care.
Following a few auto care visibility tips can be illuminating, helping to ensure the safety of you, your passengers and other vehicles around you.
- Replace any exterior or interior lights that are dimming, rapidly blinking or non-functioning, and be sure headlights are correctly aimed.
- Make sure that vehicle mirrors are clean and properly positioned.
- Check windshield washer fluid level and when it gets low, replace it.
- Replace wiper blades if they show cracking or if they chatter or streak when operating. Don't forget to check the rear wiper blade.
- When in doubt, turn your lights on to help you see and help other drivers see you. Some states have laws that require headlights to be on when windshield wipers are operating.
- Don't overdrive your headlights. Maintain a speed that will allow you to stop within the illuminated area, otherwise you create a blind crash zone in front of your vehicle.
Source: The Car Care Council