If you want to add more years to the relationship between you and your car, give it a little extra attention this Valentine’s Day in the form of an oil change, tune-up or other loving service to make sure it runs happily ever after. Just a little extra care can lead to a longer life for your car.
We recommend you treat your car to regular care this Valentine’s Day and beyond.
- Schedule a tune-up annually to optimize your car’s performance. A well-tuned engine delivers the best balance of power and fuel economy and produces the lowest level of emissions.
- Change the oil and filter per the owner’s manual. Periodic oil and filter changes keep your engine clean on the inside.
- Check the tire pressure monthly, including the spare. Your car’s tires affect its ride, handling, traction and safety.
- Have the alignment checked annually. Potholes and other road conditions, as well as normal wear, can take their toll on your car’s steering and suspension. A wheel alignment reduces tire wear, improves fuel economy and handling, and increases driving enjoyment and safety.
- Inspect the windshield wipers and lights on the car. Lights and wipers play a major role in safe driving, and they are normal wear items that need periodic replacement.