Your car battery is a vital component to keeping your car running smoothly. Car batteries provide a tremendous amount of energy to your car. When your battery stops working, your car is unable to start and you won't be able to drive, listen to the radio, or use the lights. That's why it's vital for you to make sure your car’s battery is in good condition.
The average car battery should last between two and five years, but that depends on various factors like driving style and the road conditions. Our team at AA Muffler and Brakes has put together a quick list of signs to look out for that indicate it’s time to replace your battery.
- Your check engine light turns on
- You start your car and the engine takes a while to turn over
- Your battery looks swollen
- Your battery is leaking, causing corrosion around the posts
- Your battery fuel level is below the energy conductor
- Your battery is more than 5 years old
If your battery is starting to show signs that it needs to be replaced, stop into AA Muffler and Brakes today for a battery inspection!